Verified Member tag

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Adam, May 6, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Adam

Adam Obsidian
    OBSIDIAN Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +20
    Dude I've been here since Jun 2017, and that's not the case at all. And as I said, it takes 1 minute to do this, they aren't always busy every time they go online, and they can get verified a day, 2 days or even 3 after they request to be verified. It doesn't need to be instantly.

2. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    "They aren't always busy", go back a couple months ago when I was staff, anytime I was on-site I was handling either a dispute, a report, or people asking for support. I rarely got a chance to do my own stuff. Just because you don't see the individual reports that everyone on-site does doesn't mean the staff aren't doing anything. As I also said, it's not worth taking the time to verify someone that has taken a picture of themself to prove they are who they say they are. Hardly anyone uses their name on this market, they are alias's. So what is there to compare? Just because someone can send off a picture doesn't mean they won't scam, this could easily trick new members into believing these people are some sort of trustworthy/reputable people for having a verified badge and leaves themselves at risk of being scammed. You also aren't mentioning that there's only 2 people that'd be able to actually assign this icon or what ever it is that you are asking for, which is build and jayson, the two people who were constantly working on the backend. It wouldn't be split towards the whole staff team, it would be those 2. It's not worth their time, doesn't benefit anyone, I see where you was going but just doesn't help in the way you want it to.

3. Adam

Adam Obsidian
    OBSIDIAN Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +20
    I agree with you that it can easily be used to trick new people which I didn't think of, you're correct there, but I still think this will be a good idea because I've seen this on Discords before and another place (It's not MC related), and it works very well. I didn't say staff aren't doing anything, but taking 1 minute to verify someone won't hurt their time. But after thinking about how it can very easily trick new people, you're right there which has a huge impact. If you would've stated that earlier I would've agreed and stopped there. I'll close this now just because of that.
    [ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: May 9, 2018 ) - ( Original Post Date: May 9, 2018 ) ]
    I can't close this, damn.

4. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    1 minute may not, but you are assuming that only 1 person will ask them.
    [ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: May 9, 2018 ) - ]
    Click the report button on the first message and say you want to delete it

5. Jerry

Jerry Master Trader
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +370
    Good lord, please no. If the site can't do a trusted rank then what makes you think that we should have a verified rank. It seems like just another way for people to get more ranks and look 'trusted.' More ranks ≠ trusted. I don't see the need for something like this considering it's still complicated, I can get a fake ID and upload that. When you post something on the internet, it's never fully deleted. Knowing this, your photo will never be removed. This can be used by people with malicious intent. You may have never been harassed, but, and take this with a grain of salt, you may be irrelevant to someone who has malicious intent for such information.

6. Verscinity

Verscinity Active Trader
    BANNED

Minecraft Accounts: drawstrings
    Ratings:
    +35
    heck no
    Banned Reason: Admitting to Scamming multiple users. Ban Ends: Never

7. Adam

Adam Obsidian
    OBSIDIAN Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +20
    Thank you for these irrelevant replies. Please read the other replies before replying.

8. Jerry

Jerry Master Trader
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +370
    'Irrelevant replies' ?

Ok, regardless of what you've said regarding the closure of the thread, I am contributing to the discussion. It's a bad idea(imo) but an idea regardless. If the thread is still here, it's still open for discussion. I'm not reading each and every paragraph that was posted but rather contributing my own that touches on a separate issue in your suggestion. You can be rude or you could just ignore my posts. Not hard.

It's clear this suggestion was an attempt for you to become more known with a verified role and it's also clear that it hit the ground just as fast as it got off the ground.

9. Adam

Adam Obsidian
    OBSIDIAN Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +20
    An attempt to be "Well known"? I couldn't care less if people knew me on an online Minecraft forum. Thanks for the irrelevant reply, read before replying.

• Suggestion Disagree Suggestion Disagree x 1