Take Out Limited Profiles

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by remibarna, Apr 6, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. remibarna

remibarna Professional Asshole
    EMERALD DIAMOND Thread Starter

Minecraft Accounts: remibarna
    Ratings:
    +173
    Hello,

I feel like blocking your profile is completely ridiculous and unneeded. This shows nothing but something you have to hide.

It completely blocks you out from members knowing who you are and who you represent. It also shows nothing but you being anti social with the community and if you feel this way you honestly should've never registered in the first place.

In business you can't just hide your reputation from the outside world. This has been an issue on other competitive forums sites, it be nice if this feature would be disabled because it shows no point on having this ridiculous perk.

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 2
  2. JackGamesFTW

JackGamesFTW Jack's Setups ~ Founder
    BANNED DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: JackGameFTW JackGamesFTW_
    Ratings:
    +12
    +1 I agree.
    Banned Reason: Scamming https://mctrades.org/threads/jackgamesftw-dispute.2177/ Ban Ends: Never

3. TheEpicPotato

TheEpicPotato Dedicated Trader

Ratings:
    +8
    If someone is anti social and wants to join, the limited feature may be a good way to ween them into the community. Try to be considerate to people's needs. If you think it's not helpful to the individual whether they use the limited feature or not then let them make that mistake for themselves.

4. remibarna

Ratings:
    +173
    Interesting, you're a resource mod and you limited your profile.

Shouldn't the community know who's in charge and know who you're and what you do? Hiding yourself from the community just makes the staff team scared and looks like they have something to hide from the public. That's very unacceptable for a staff member of MCTrades. Hopefully buildblox thinks hard about this suggestion.

5. TheEpicPotato

Ratings:
    +8
    I did that in spite of this thread. My contact details are not hidden and that is all the average person would need to know.

6. remibarna

Ratings:
    +173
    People need to know background checks, people need to know if you have vouches/devouches. People need to know what type of behavior you show as a staff of this marketing site. Your job is not to stay hidden away from the Public. Your job is to be open and honest with the community. A regular member doing all this is one thing, but when a staff member does it, it's completely disgusting because it shows nothing but something to hide. and on a marketing site it should not be allowed because that's when people have the idea to hide there reputation and causes issues like scamming (not calling you a scammer at all just an example)

7. TheEpicPotato

Ratings:
    +8
    Nothing hides my forum content from anyone. And nothing hides vouches/devouches either.

8. Projecki

Projecki Diamond
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +88
    Definitely agree with this, this is a marketplace and there shouldn't be privacy when it comes to what posts you've commented on and what's happening on your profile.

9. remibarna

Ratings:
    +173
    This needs a bump

10. Zip

Zip chill
    BANNED EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: xNig
    Ratings:
    +112
    I strongly agree.
    People like Ashley do this to hide their devouches.
    Quite funny actually.
    Banned Reason: Scamming The User #41 (eth) Ban Ends: Never

11. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Everytime I leave a message on someones profile to inform people to DWC or to devouch they limit their profile to prevent people seeing it, completely ridiculous.

12. remibarna

Ratings:
    +173
    That's another reason on why this should be disabled.

13. skateboard

skateboard Dedicated Trader

Minecraft Accounts: AppleMaps
    Ratings:
    +3
    I agree,
    I think that people should not be able to hide that they have a bad reputation and that they have scammed in the past.

14. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    The limitation of the viewing of profiles would not impact one's ability to decipher if one is or is not reputable on the website due to recent changes. Users can now leave reputation instead of profile posts and profile posts can now be deleted. Therefore, this suggestion has been denied.