Alting

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by realcmd, Sep 5, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. realcmd

realcmd Dedicated Trader
    BANNED EMERALD Thread Starter

Minecraft Accounts: Modestly Simulators
    Ratings:
    +180
    Many people have been using alternative accounts to boost vouches recently, and I think this matter should be addressed.

When someone creates multiple accounts, I believe the user's main account should be issued 1 warning point.

When someone creates multiple accounts to boost reputation and/or vouches, I believe the user's main account should be issued 2-3 warning points + a possible temporary Caution tag (who's going to boost vouches and not scam anyway?)

https://mctrades.org/threads/wildalts-3-50-email-access-0-40-full-access.3572/ - Here's an example. You can see this user created an alternative account to get an easy vouch. You can later see that someone got scammed out of $3.50 because they thought the user was trustworthy.

https://mctrades.org/members/wildalts.3094/ - The creator of the thread did not receive a single warning point for trying to get easy vouches, which makes the user seem even more legitimate.

What's your opinion on this matter?
    Banned Reason: Scamming The User #2869 (Leaf) Ban Ends: Never

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 2
  2. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    Thank you for submitting this suggestion, realcmd . We actually already have this system in place, however our staff team isn't dealing out warning points as should be at times.

Occasionally, alts could be created as a temporary account to create a ticket or dispute. They could also be caused by the creator forgetting they made an account in the first place, thus an automated system isn't coming any time soon. However, we will be slowly pushing towards enforcing the system more over the next couple of weeks.

Suggestion status set to ACCEPTED.