Disallowing "GLWS"

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Negan, Jul 2, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Negan

Negan Dedicated Trader

Ratings:
    +5
    Right, I have seen this time and time again, via competitor sites or other selling forums in general, people spam tf out of threads with "GLWS" just to get better reputation and or posts. Sites like MCM have made it a rule that you're not allowed to post GLWS on threads and that has cleaned up posts so much.

So that is my suggestion. Make it a rule to not be allowed to post GLWS on posts.

2. Heaven

Heaven Master Trader
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +106
    I feel like low quality posts in general should be disallowed

Ex
    GLWS
    Lol
    I agree

Etc etc.

3. Orochimaru

Orochimaru Squirrelworld Owner
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: LoudBoyo FDA
    Ratings:
    +41
    I don't think this should be disallowed.

4. Heaven

Heaven Master Trader
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +106
    Explain why pls

5. Orochimaru

EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +41
    Yeah maybe low quality posts, but the words "GLWS" shouldn't be banned out right.

ex:

Hey, Serendity, I really like your service! If you need any help just PM me anyway GLWS

Sure maybe only one work(GLWS) should but anything else no.

6. Heaven

Heaven Master Trader
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +106
    Ye there's that I agree
    but something like

user 1
    user 2

user 2 posts a thread
    user 1 : GLWS MY MAN!@!@!!@!@!

repeat
    that should be banned aka take the fat L

7. Orochimaru

EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +41
    Agreed, sorry for not making myself clear.

8. remibarna

remibarna Professional Asshole
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: remibarna
    Ratings:
    +173
    It's definitely annoying because it's obviously just people Farming messages when I don't really see the point of why that matters so much?

9. carstonia

carstonia Diamond
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +37
    I think both GLWS posts and post-farming in introductions should be disallowed as most times posts/ratings are the main way that people decide which users are reputable and people could just post farm to get a false viewing.

10. remibarna

EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +173
    Personally they should get warning points and the message delete. Enough said. This is a big problem and it's very annoying at this point.

11. Adam

Adam Obsidian
    OBSIDIAN

Ratings:
    +20
    Just report the message and have it removed. People who post replies that just contain the message "GLWS" doesn't really care and or tend to follow rules, anyone can spot that. So disallowing it won't make a huge difference. I personally don't have an issue when people reply to my thread, even if it's "GLWS", it bumps it for me; maybe some people find it annoying.

Maybe make a rule like that doesn't allow over 2 "GLWS"s a day on any thread? A user that posts more than 2 "GLWS"s a day will receive x amount of warning points.
    [ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: Jul 3, 2017 ) - ( Original Post Date: Jul 3, 2017 ) ]
    GLWS :) (Good luck with suggestion) kappa

12. Bumblewasp

Bumblewasp play.blurhq.com
    EMERALD

Ratings:
    +28
    Rather than warning points, etc., why not just prevent it entirely?

i.e. An error message appears when a user posts a post with less than 3 words.

13. Sick

Sick Yo I deepthroat ren
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: Hippo Sick
    Ratings:
    +121
    Adding a message limitation will just make it much harder for users to say short things.
    However I probably will include a rule that disallows GLWS as post farming. I will still make it so you can wish them luck it just has to be after a serious message.
    Not saying this is approved yet :p

14. remibarna

EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +173
    What's your point?

Messages on here should be very long and questions to the seller or buyer. The messages are not a way to communicate with others "wishing them luck" on selling. Now that's just plain silly.

If they wanna communicate small. That can be talked about into the pms, shoutbox or general discussions. This is a market site. Not a get together.

How I just typed right now is how comments on these forums should be limited.

15. skateboard

skateboard Dedicated Trader

Minecraft Accounts: AppleMaps
    Ratings:
    +3
    I see where you are coming from with this post but here is my opinion.

User 1 : Post a thread selling something
    User 2 : GLWS dude looks great!
    User 1 : LOL EZ BAN FOR BEING NICE!!!

16. Riley

Riley CEO AstroVPN - System Administrator
    EMERALD Space KINGS JEWS

Ratings:
    +285
    Disagree to an extent.

The usage of "Vouch, or GLWS" depends on the person. Some people post it to farm, and get likes/higher msg count.

Others truly wish the user good luck, and have a positive reason behind posting it.

17. remibarna

EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +173
    A vouch needs to have a reason. You can't just say vouch because you like the person or GLWS because you "have a positive reason"

That can be sent into PMs or on the persons profiles. vouch needs to have a reason behind it. Otherwise it's an invalid positive rep. The farming on this market is starting to get out of control and I can tell because you're also a part of it so of course you'll disagree.

18. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    MCTrades already disallows this term indirectly. This would be considered low quality content and/or post farming if one were to be going around typing "GLWS" without additional details. Consider the following

Post Farming / Post will get deleted if reported for doing such or found by staff. Repeat offenses may result in a warning.

Low Quality Content / Post will get deleted if reported for doing such or found by staff. Repeat offences may result in a warning.

Nothing / The poster took their time to make it semi-detailed.

Thus, please report any instances of "GLWS" or other words/phrases in which may be considered low quality content or post farming using the report button or report it directly to staff.

Deleted for post farming. ;)

Suggestion closed and accepted, sort of.