Suggestion Discord

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Cole, Oct 24, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Cole

Cole Java Developer
    EMERALD DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +151
    Discord

Bring back the MCT Discord Server, make it a general chatting thing maybe and not a trading place.

I think it should be a verification place and a chatting place.

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 5
  2. Callum

Callum Retired MCTrades Owner
    God Himself

Ratings:
    +270
    I was considering re-creating a discord but after thinking about it there's is no good reason to. People can easily chat on the website & with strict rules on having marketplaces on discord I don't want to waste time setting one up for it to get taken down. I will leave this suggestion up for a few days to see the community feedback.

3. Venom

Venom Dedicated Trader
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +43
    You can have some Moderators always moderating the server and banning people discussing this stuff.
    Banned Reason: Scamming User #13202 (plemotnik) - Dispute #20293 Ban Ends: Never

4. Avery

Avery Retired Manager
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: Amuse Lone sensations
    Ratings:
    +76
    This is what makes this a good suggestion.

Discord is generally a lot easier to just talk, keep the sales and marketplace strictly on the website and allow the discord to be used for chatting.

5. Supreme God

Supreme God hypegod
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +16
    For me, a Discord would be really appreciated because it's another instant way to advertise and chat. You can reach out to members instantly. I would like this to be implemented. :)

6. Venom

Venom Dedicated Trader
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +43
    We could always make an unofficial discord.
    Banned Reason: Scamming User #13202 (plemotnik) - Dispute #20293 Ban Ends: Never

7. Ember

Ember Emerald
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +67
    I feel like if you just make it a second chat room instead of shoutbox, it would make sense. There’s more functionality on discord than on here in terms of chatting limits. Wouldn’t take that long to implement and you could give some additional trustworthy people staff on the discord to help manage it depending on how much it needs

8. Blaze

Blaze Blazing Moderator & Minecon Capes Collector
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: NotBlaze Wired KingVandy
    Ratings:
    +191
    As much as i like the idea but that would make us talk less onsite which will make the site looks less active

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 2
  9. Callum

Callum Retired MCTrades Owner
    God Himself

Ratings:
    +270
    I know many people wanted to see a discord, but as Avery's attempt has demonstrated. They simply start off with a bunch of activity and die. It would take more people away from chat which could already do with a boost of activity so for now, I am going to decline this. Thank you for your suggestion.