Enforce a Business Only Feedback System

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Projecki, Jul 30, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Projecki

Projecki Diamond
    DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +88
    I would like to answer the question of how the feedback system is used on MCTrades. I would also like to go over how we can assure its success, and minimize abuse.
    To figure out how to properly use the feedback system, we need to figure out why it is used. If we look at it as simply as possible, the feedback system was put in place to help prevent scams and disappointment by rewarding trustworthy/legitimate users and warning users of possible scammers or lazy/incompetent users.

If there are no objections there, continue reading.

Here is a basic outline of our current system:
    The Community is given a choice on how to use the Feedback System. The system is relaxed, and personal opinions may be used as Feedback.

The benefits to this are:
    • Rewards kind and helpful users while still rewarding trustworthy active users.
    • Allows users to warn of not just possible scammers, but also toxic users.
    The downsides to this are:
    • Despite education about the system to new members, users may still manipulate new members into giving them a positive feedback for simply answering a question, or completing a simple free task (E.g. inviting a music bot to a user’s discord, and then asking for positive feedback.) This is known as “feedback farming.”
    Although this system has its benefits, I feel that the possibility of feedback farming and manipulation is too high.

Here is the basic outline of the system I propose:
    Make Feedback for business deals only, with proof. Not for personal opinions about a user. Encourage users to add feedback once a deal has been done. This is a stricter system.

The benefits to this are:
    • Ensures the legitimacy of all feedback.
    • Rewards trustworthy active users.
    • Helps users see possible scammers or lazy business partners.
    The downsides to this are:
    • This allows users to be toxic without proper repercussions from the community within the feedback system.
    If the second system is used, vouches could be used to portray the community's personal opinions about the user's character.

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 5
  2. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

⚡ zDrakon ⚡ dev.mclist.org Looking for investors!
    EMERALD

Ratings:
    +22
    Love the idea, hate how competitor treats it like its just your opinion of the person. I actually would like to see a more sophisticated template field format for a feedback/reputation to be given and not just a free lance comment.

3. Projecki

Projecki Diamond
    DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +88
    Spot on with what I was thinking. Thanks for your input!

4. Ren

Ren Ruthless
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +163
    Yeah I say go for it. At this point having rep doesn't make you trustworthy.

5. Zip

Zip chill
    BANNED EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: xNig
    Ratings:
    +112
    Sure why not, makes sense.
    Banned Reason: Scamming The User #41 (eth) Ban Ends: Never

6. RevVs

RevVs Diamond
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +1
    eh, its projecki so +1!

7. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    I've modified the reputation system a bit, by default members are no longer able to give feedback, but instead when our automated system believes that they are trustworthy themselves. Some requirements we've set include time, not too many warning points, and you need to actually post on the forum occasionally. We will not be releasing these requirements specifically to the public. I'll keep this suggestion open for further consideration on what we can do to help the system.
    [ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: Aug 20, 2017 ) - ( Original Post Date: Aug 1, 2017 ) ]
    Along with the previous changes, I've also disallowed the ability for business accounts to give reputation, therefore eliminating abuse. For now, I'm marking this as accepted. :)