Suggestion Final thoughts part 2

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Ren, Aug 20, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
?

Light theme or dark

1. light

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. dark

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Ren

Ren Ruthless
    DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +163
    Final thoughts part 2

Final thoughts on mct part 2

Hi

Rules :
    Rules to add :
    -False bidding should result in warning points
    -Dispute resolver has the final call in any situation (it's a given yet kids still complain)
    -Excessive capital letters should be regulated

Rules to change :
    3.1.1 - I dont think they should have to be active, if they paid for the group technically they should feel free to abandon the site and lose profit on their investment. But I do see why this rule is in place.

3.1.2 - The value of groups has shot up signifigantly as the most recent sale being $200. There could actually be a market for groups now, so as it evolves I feel the 90 days should be shortened to 10.

3.3.2 - Why not though?

3.4 - what is a roster?

Scams/disputes :
    As the site grows naturally there will be scammers who don't understand what it is to steal.
    So, and I know this idea has been rejected countless times in the past - but hear me out, I think we should introduce official middlemen.

How it works is the new middleman will give build a sum of money ($300 maybe? Could be even more) to hold. If the middleman were to retire or get himself fired for staff misconduct or whatever, build will pay him back. BUT, if the middleman were to scam, the money would go towards the victim being compensated. And as an incentive for the middleman not to scam in a $100 deal, he would know he wouldnt get back his $300.

At least now there will be no confusion over who should be a middleman and who shouldn't, and you guys can advertise it heavily and really shove the idea of a middleman in the faces of the kids who keep getting scammed.

Groups :
    I think that people should be able to customise their groups without bugging a staff member to change it. The cooldown of 14 days will still apply, but at least people dont need to annoy jayson to rebrand their group.

Ty hopefully the layout wasnt too hard to read.

cheers

2. Blaze

Blaze Blazing Moderator & Minecon Capes Collector
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: NotBlaze Wired KingVandy
    Ratings:
    +191
    ass

• Suggestion Disagree Suggestion Disagree x 1
  3. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    I thought I already added a rule for that. It'll be added possibly next month.

Group owners may always contact us for an exception. Typically, you don't want a dead thread at the top of the forum. Same goes with groups.

Fair enough. I'll think about it. Ownership transfers are especially easier with the new system.

Typically, we allow it. It's like how we moderate resources. We don't want people to pay for something and we have to take it away basically, like if a group is breaking another rule.

Lists in groups.

Eh...we don't quite have 'those' big deals yet. Next, imagine a block game forum asking for your social security number, address, etc since middlemen basically work as banks where people withdraw quickly.

I planned to do that, but never had the time.

4. Callum

Callum Retired MCTrades Owner
    God Himself

Ratings:
    +270
    If the false bidding isn't already apart of the rules I will be sure to add it, the dispute resolver will always have the final say, that's just a fact.

We like to keep a small number of groups, it's not giving many people the oppertunity to be in one if the owners go inactive. If they are not apart of the community anymore it's only fair to offer it up to someone who still is.

I do feel that 90 is a little extreme so I will be sure to shorten it, however not to 10.

Thank you for your suggestion Ren, I will move this to pending until I have made the changes I previously stated.