Make mini modding against the rules.

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Flame, Sep 6, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
?

Do you find mini modding highly irritating?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flame

Flame Super happy funster
    EMERALD DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +38
    It has come to my attention that a couple of people (*cough* Jordan *cough*) are trying to enforce the rules on people as if they were staff. I personally find this deeply irritating, as will most others because there are staff members for a reason, we do not need other normal members thinking they have the power to tell us what we can and can't do. For example, Jordan attempted to enforce the 15 minute ad rule in sb just because I was ONE MINUTE early for my next ad, a mistake on my part. He attempted to force me to delete my ad and then cry like a little bitch when I cussed him for mini modding and how he's lucky that we don't currently have it against the rules. I strongly urge the staff to take action against this as it antagonises people and makes flame wars out of a perfectly harmless situation, after all, we have staff for a reason, right? Thank you for considering.
    ~Flame

2. James Hoffmann

James Hoffmann Freelance Builder
    BANNED

Ratings:
    +11
    I only did it because I knew you had a problem with me.
    Banned Reason: Charging back against MCTrades Ban Ends: Never

3. Flame

Ratings:
    +38
    I didn't have a problem with you at all until you decided to try enforce rules on me when you clearly are not staff.

4. Purple

Purple Developer
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +120
    +1 Great idea!
    Banned Reason: Scamming User #4950 (Sooperdood) - Dispute #16913 Ban Ends: Never

5. Darkrai

Darkrai Darkrai from MCM
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: Darkrai Mamoswine Flowing
    Ratings:
    +97
    good idea
    Banned Reason: Admitting to Scamming Ban Ends: Never

6. realcmd

realcmd Dedicated Trader
    BANNED EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Modestly Simulators
    Ratings:
    +180
    If someone reminds you to slow down a little on the ads, I couldn't care less. But if they try to force you to do something (e.g. delete the ad) then it's just plain annoying. Overall +1
    Banned Reason: Scamming The User #2869 (Leaf) Ban Ends: Never

7. Flame

Ratings:
    +38
    I still see no point in telling people when they have just one or two minutes til their next ad though. I do see the mini mods point but the staff are here for a reason, therefore they are unneeded by the staff and unwanted by (most) of the community.

8. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Honestly it can be quite helpful when there isnt staff on but if the user can see staff are on they should leave it, most of the time as Im typing something out someone will but in before I say anything and usually when a member is told to do something by another member they pay no attention, which is why it is better for a staff member to enforce the rules but I don't think "minimodding" should be made against the rules as can be very helpful as long as they are only doing it to help and not to irritate other people.

9. Purple

Purple Developer
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +120
    That is because you are staff, you don't know what it's like a regular player.
    Banned Reason: Scamming User #4950 (Sooperdood) - Dispute #16913 Ban Ends: Never

10. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Yes I do, I've been staff for 2 months not my whole life ;)

11. Purple

Purple Developer
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +120
    Oh thought you came with the website xD

12. realcmd

realcmd Dedicated Trader
    BANNED EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Modestly Simulators
    Ratings:
    +180
    good meme kappa

check the bit like halfway down his profile page where 10 ppl say congrats, i wonder why kappa
    Banned Reason: Scamming The User #2869 (Leaf) Ban Ends: Never

13. Purple

Purple Developer
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +120
    sorry dude, did not need all that sarcasim :(

14. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    Would you rather take a warning from one of our team members or a good, helpful community member? Community members can assist with resolving issues at times and we encourage people to do so, be problem solvers, and make our future generally and comparatively better.

And yes, one minute off could get you a warning from a staff member in which is really observant, it is still against our rules. If we allowed 14 minutes, people might as well say "sorry, but I was just one minute early of 14 minutes, can I get a break?"

Therefore, this suggestion has been declined.