Remove "cape Codes"

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Ashley, Jul 9, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Trader
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +145
    Hello, I'd like to say having this opinion of having people to be able to sell "Cape codes "If have to say it's very dangerous to deal with someone who claims to have a minecon cape code. For example I've been scammed one here by 2 members, by the name of Walls and Glory. When someone claims to own a code, it could be fake. The proof of just covefing/hiding the code doesn't name anything. You could put anything in the url and say it's a code without any proof. Also, one of our members named @Revamped the past owner of Draining was trying to get a minecon cape code 2015 by trading his 2011 Cape account. The proof he was given was a Google image I've found after he told me. The user he was scammed by was Dave Brown Who is own as "Mr_Lincoln". Who has scammed for all his minecon capes. He was recently banned for threats on someone else. I hope, the admins could understand that having the "Cape codes" section is a very dangerous part in mctrades. The only real, person who sold a minecon cape code was buildblox . If you are planning to buy a cape code on here your wanting to get scammed ;(
    Banned Reason: Scamming User #10200 (Laiteux) - Dispute #17585 Ban Ends: Never

• Suggestion Disagree Suggestion Disagree x 3
  2. Jerry

Jerry Master Trader
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +370
    USE A MIDDLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. remibarna

remibarna Professional Asshole
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: remibarna
    Ratings:
    +173
    What jerry said,

Not only what but this would be the only market for cape codes. I feel like buildblox could modify the cape codes section and make it so you HAVE to show proof. But then again people would potentially photoshop so.

A way I would do this is. It should be at your own risk but mainly it should be who goes first. Say for example me and Jerry did a deal together and I had more rep then him so he would have to go first. The moment he gives me the code right away I'm using it on one of my accounts. If it does not work it proves he's scamming. If it works he gets his money.

People who hold onto cape codes I personally don't get it. But player smarter not harder.

4. Jerry

Jerry Master Trader
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +370
    You'd obviously go first on here, though kappa

5. skateboard

skateboard Dedicated Trader

Minecraft Accounts: AppleMaps
    Ratings:
    +3
    I understand where you are coming from but that is a risk you are willing to take.
    And if you are scammed you can contact paypal about the transaction.

6. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Trader

Ratings:
    +145
    Lol What's the point of the cape codes, each other on here go has claimed to own a code has been scammed. your just wasting your time just planning to get scammed. No one has time to wait for paypal to reply

7. Riley

Riley CEO AstroVPN - System Administrator
    EMERALD Space KINGS JEWS

Ratings:
    +285
    I agree to an extent.

Every time someone has sold cape codes, its been a scam. Thus, causing issues.

Also, isn't Mojang disabling the older ones?

8. Rev

Rev Dedicated Trader
    BANNED DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: maklitores Masters
    Ratings:
    +106
    You could make it so a staff member has to see the unedited proof and verify it as legitamate.

That could be a bad idea if a staff member went rogue however.
    Banned Reason: Admitting to Scamming #6838 (GlitchAlts) Ban Ends: Never

9. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Trader

Ratings:
    +145
    You can't do that, the only way to verify it's a real code is by emailing Mojang. Which takes a long time

10. nahmid

nahmid Developer & Project Manager
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Jokroka
    Ratings:
    +29
    I know I posted a cape code before, which I have sold off. I was legit however there are a-lot of people that just scam others. I would recommend making it a monitored thread so only people with a rank or certain reputation can actually make a thread.

11. Ashley

Ashley Well-Known Trader

Ratings:
    +145
    You can not do this, being that staff can't do anything with deals. I believe, also the only way to prove it's real. If you email Mojang saying you can use the code. It's take a week for them to reply
    [ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: Jul 12, 2017 ) - ( Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2017 ) ]
    I don't think this is a good idea once again, they could also scam lol.

12. lew

lew clinically insane
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +21
    I agree, due to there being basically no legit way to prove that someone owns a cape code, they are a result of many scams. They just cause more issues than solutions.

13. Adam

Adam Obsidian
    OBSIDIAN

Ratings:
    +20
    Even though I've sold a cape code, I agree with this. Anyone with a bit of logic would see why cape codes are the easiest way possible to scam with, which is why almost every exit scammer uses cape codes as an exit way (One of the main ones).

These no possible way to "show proof" to codes, as they're fairly easy to fake.
    I can buy a code right now, redeem it on my alt, and say it didn't work and open a scam report.

Cape codes are too easy to scam with while leaving no way for a third party to tell who is the scammer. As simple as that.

14. Rev

Rev Dedicated Trader
    BANNED DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: maklitores Masters
    Ratings:
    +106
    No i mean the staff could verify it hasnt been used before and it isnt off google lol
    Banned Reason: Admitting to Scamming #6838 (GlitchAlts) Ban Ends: Never

15. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    I'm denying this suggestion and instead opting to create a form users must fill to submit a thread within the cape code section. Staff members may contact the seller for verification through several methods I have in mind.