Suggestion Reputation Moderation and Rules

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Supreme God, Oct 27, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Supreme God

Supreme God hypegod
    DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +16
    Reputation Moderation and Rules

The reputation system is a really useful component of a market forum, but after reading the reputation rules, I realized that there was no mention of "revenge rep". Revenge rep is the act of adding a negative reputation to a user simply because they negative "repped" you. This should be disallowed, as the reputation is not bona fide; there is no actual reason (scamming, rudeness, toxicity, etc.) for the reputation.

Along with the revenge rep rule, there should be a lot more moderation of reputation. I understand that 10,000+ people on this forum is not easy to handle, but being able to remove fake reputation quickly helps you continue with your business. Reputation is something that defines our reliability and credibility; fake negative reputation ruins that for no reason.

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 1
  2. Callum

Callum Retired MCTrades Owner
    God Himself

Ratings:
    +270
    I wasn't aware it wasn't stated in the rules but it is has been a rule in quite some time, or at least it was back when I was a moderator. I will be editing some of the rules very soon and will be sure to add it. Thank you for the suggestion.

EDIT: This has no been implemented. Rule 1.7.7