Scroll Up Farther - Shoutbox; Change Rule

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Mango, Jul 7, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Mango

Mango Dedicated Trader

Ratings:
    +13
    remibarna and I have noticed in multiple forums that the shoutbox doesn't scroll up for 2x, or 3x as much as it is supposed to be. I have noticed myself that the rule "2.2" is a bit off as well.

Rule 2.2
    Let's remove the part where it says you can advertise when it's off the page.

Here is my reasoning for rule 2.2: Yes, we know that the rule is "You may not advertise multiple times within 15 minutes, but you can advertise if it goes off the page." Now, if there are a bunch of people spamming characters, or you're chatting a lot and not on one line on purpose; then this will create some chaos with your advertising because you can be advertising at any pace you want to be at basically.

Scroll Up Farther - Shoutbox
    Let's make us, users be able to scroll up farther in shoutbox.

Here is our reasoning for users to be able to scroll up farther in the shoutbox: Since the suggestion before this one was to fix up Rule 2.2, we need to fix up the part where users can't see when they posted their advertisement. If we are allowed to scroll up farther, we can potentially see across from all the spam what time we posted at, or how long ago we posted at. This will reduce the amount of spam, asking staff members for how long ago they posted their advertisement, and make it a lot more flexible and easy for the members of MCTrades.

I hope you members agree with this suggestion and get the MCTrades Development team to extend this feature out more.
    Kind Regards,
    Mango. :)

2. remibarna

remibarna Professional Asshole
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: remibarna
    Ratings:
    +173
    Very much agree. I don't see why this would hurt. See I have 0 experience on how xenforno development works but maybe buildblox can tell us if this is a big deal to have chat box messages able to scroll up farther then it is.

3. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    Suggestion accepted, you can now scroll 2x farther.