Service/product templates

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by ⚡ zDrakon ⚡, Dec 3, 2016.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

⚡ zDrakon ⚡ dev.mclist.org Looking for investors!
    EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    Everytime a new user creates a thread in one of the areas of the forum regarding selling or buying, we should have premade templates made for them.

Let's encourage/educate them to be professional and not let users embarrass themselves if they cant make good professional threads. This just promotes toxicity like other forums do.

2. buildblox

buildblox MCTrades Founder
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: buildblox
    Ratings:
    +393
    Only solution to something like this is the forms we use for the disputes, but I have a feeling that isn't what you're looking for, right?

3. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    It is what I am looking for actually. It would be beneficial if this were to occur. Have a standard template for all services here. The first section at the very top will of course be a thread design.

4. petercraig

petercraig Dedicated Trader

Minecraft Accounts: petercraig
    Ratings:
    +24
    I really disagree with this as some sales threads (such as my own) use their own thread images, and the templated threads force certain sections, and I don't think this is suitable for every product/service getting sold.

5. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    I said leave thread designs at the top.

Other sections can be left blank if need be. It creates a standard layout so everyone can understand it.

6. petercraig

Ratings:
    +24
    Problem is if you leave a section blank it still has the title, and having random titles with no content won't look good.

Hope this gets denied by buildblox.

7. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    Get a smarter addon :p

8. petercraig

Ratings:
    +24
    Not just that, why should we have any limits or restrictions in posting our content, and also editing the threads would be a pain as if we allow it it just defies the point of implementing this but if you limit editing then how can people update threads?

9. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    So I know the forum software discourse allows by default for admins to create template threads when a new user creates a new thread in those sections. Something like that should be fine.

If i click the post new thread button, I just get a suggested template and after i post the thread i am able to edit it like any other post :p

10. buildblox

EMERALD

Ratings:
    +393
    Template and form are two different things, and it ultimately comes down to whether you want to be a forum or eBay.
    I'll keep this open for now.

11. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    I think template is best what I'm trying to describe. Just have a suggested template. No hard set form. I thought you meant that a form is the only way to implement a template.

12. buildblox

EMERALD

Ratings:
    +393
    As of right now, implementing something like this isn't rational. Perhaps in the future.

Suggestion closed.