Suggestion VC's

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Zipline, Oct 3, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Zipline

Zipline Scammers BEWARE! I'm coming for you!
    EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +97
    VC's

There needs to be some type of regulation for VC's. People on this form will spam threads asking for VC's and they are all to get free products and many don't have the intention of even leaving a vouch. I am guilty of doing this too, but it is getting a little outrageous. When someone with any rep (even some people without rep) see a new product they always say something along the lines of "VC?" then when they receive said VC, they post something along the lines of "vouch, loved this product, buy it" that is if they even post the vouch. The way it should be is where if someone gets a VC, they should post a detailed review and the whole ideal of getting a VC shouldn't be just to get the product for free.

I say this again, I am guilty of doing this too. I am ashamed of it. I remember there was another report on this where a new rule was implemented where you can't ask for a VC on a thread. That rule however hasn't been followed at all and highly reputable members don't even listen to that rule.

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 1
  2. Zipline

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +97
    I have also seen some people with high rep that feel entitled to a VC.

3. Noah

Noah fosterltd.xyz
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: kkylie apprehendings
    Ratings:
    +34
    I don't feel as if I'm entitled to a VC but I do believe I should have priority over users with lower rep considering I have been registered for a while and I was quite well known for a fair bit. I'm just not a big fan of VC's and I am not the best at providing a detailed report of the product I received. I don't think it should be detailed but it should at least somewhat explain the service/product. If it's detailed a lot of the younger users may not understand or may not have the patience to read it all

4. Ryan

Ryan Master Trader
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: ignRyan Bizarre
    Ratings:
    +298
    8+ reputation to ask for a vouch copy.
    Banned Reason: Constant Toxicity / Abuse of Power / Staff Disrespect Ban Ends: Never

• Suggestion Disagree Suggestion Disagree x 2
  5. Zipline

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +97
    Yes, I was a little bit harsh in my statement, you may be right about that, detailed posts can be hard to read, but I meant more along the lines of actually saying what is good and not good about the product and not just using it for a free item.
    [ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: Oct 3, 2018 ) - ( Original Post Date: Oct 3, 2018 ) ]
    people with 8+ rep can still make this mistake, I have seen people with 10+ rep do this all the time.

6. Ryan

Ryan Master Trader
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +298
    True but it should be like 15+ rep and not that reputation where you sell like nfa accounts and you get repped for that.
    Banned Reason: Constant Toxicity / Abuse of Power / Staff Disrespect Ban Ends: Never

7. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    We already have a solution for this issue-people simply can't ask for vouch copies in threads. Instead, we require users to direct message the provider. Why don't many users follow this rule? Because nobody is reporting the messages, help us out here. Do note however that we will not be requiring users to leave reputation, vouches, or feedback overall after receiving a free or reduced cost product, regardless of what the seller calls it.

This is primarily due to what I like to call forced or fake reputation where vouches provided by certain members do not have any significant value as they do not actually mean that the seller is of any quality or legitimate at all. If people think that the seller provides a good quality product and actually worked to provide it, they should leave a vouch. If not, maybe not. If the seller asks the receiver to provide a vouch, maybe on the lesser end.

Users should not provide vouches for anything less than $0.25 for the seller hasn't actually done anything for the vouch, they could of simply purchased someone else's product and reselling it. Anything of that low value probably isn't quality, however if the receiver notices that, they should make clear of the lack of quality yet low price.

It's like a judge forcing the defendant to say something to benefit the plaintiff. It's plain wrong and deceptive.

• Suggestion Disagree Suggestion Disagree x 1
  8. Zipline

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +97
    I guess that is true, and I see your point that you can't force someone to leave a vouch.

9. Kobi

Kobi Master Trader
    BANNED LIMITED EMERALD DIAMOND MC Technology KINGS

Minecraft Accounts: bomberman KobiOOF
    Ratings:
    +270
    Detective Kobi always on the look ;) don't worry about it ;)
    Banned Reason: Scamming User #10107 (Moofie) - Dispute #30358 Ban Ends: Never

10. Ryan

Ryan Master Trader
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +298
    I’ve been giving people negative reputation if they ask for vc’s on the threads.

11. punctured

punctured Well-Known Trader
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +21
    A vouch copy should be required to leave a vouch for the service. The reputation system should be reserved for deals. If someone accepts a vouch copy but doesn't at least leave a review of the service, that is scamming. Why bother giving out a vouch copy of a product if you aren't going to benefit from it? Giving a vouch copy is a sale, the currency used is a vouch or review and the product is, well, the product. Not requiring a review of the service at the bare minimum for a vouch copy is absurd.

Putting a price tag on vouches is also not ok especially when people can willy nilly vouch for having a good conversation with a user. People have to do a deal over 25 cents in order to leave a positive review but users can leave a negative review for breaking the rules? The reputation system shouldn't be used as punishment, that's staff's job to take care of, not users. They should instead simply report the posts.

12. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    #12 Jayson, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    I personally prefer vouches being provided on a system more like Amazon reviews. Customers get a product for free, however the seller often times looks at the receiver's profile to see what comments they give, if they give a review at all, and their history in general. The reason why this is even a problem is because vouch copies are simply given out too often to everyone, without discrimination based upon activity. When the seller reviews the reviewers, it saves us resources, allows the seller to target people and ensure quality reviewers, and overall makes reviews better quality without exceptions. People ask for VCs because other people do and get rewarded. You wouldn't call up a vending machine's owner asking for a discount right? And I haven't seen anyone try to haggle at Walmart.

I agree with you in regards to not setting a price tag on reputation, that's simply a general guideline. Some sellers have simply given out $0.005 licenses and ended up scamming a hundred.

Please don't give people negative reputation for asking for VCs, it isn't relating to you at all. We've already removed some of the rep you've provided. Simply use the report button. :)

13. punctured

punctured Well-Known Trader
    DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +21
    No, because they've already established a widespread reputation for being legitimate businesses. I don't think you got my point or read my comment at all, I don't care that people ask for vouch copies. The only thing that my comment really focused on was your claim that vouch copies don't necessarily need to result in a written review of the service, or vouch for the service and not the seller. There's definitely a difference, you can vouch for a specific service, say a spotify upgrade service because yours worked but you may not want to base a vouch for that user based on a spotify upgrade that can be obtained for peanuts.

Which is why vouch copies should always result in a review. Instead of just a free product, you have to dedicate your time to actually reviewing the service.

14. Callum

Callum Retired MCTrades Owner
    God Himself

Ratings:
    +270
    I have always been for suggestions like these, back when I used to sell various types of accounts my threads would be clogged with requests for free copies even after specifically stating I wasn't offering them. We do have a rule against this but it wasn't heavily enforced, which will be a change. People who are caught asking for vouch copies on threads, especially when it specifically says they are not offering them will be warned, soon enough people will stop.