Suggestion Dispute Section

Discussion in 'Implemented Suggestions' started by Obito, Jun 16, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Obito

Obito "I’ve dug two graves for us, my dear"
    BANNED EMERALD DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +23
    Dispute Section

Even though I joined 6 days ago, I've made two disputes so far, and the language and grammar is hard to understand. There's no point in adding grown up language when everyone here is below the age of 16 or so. It's a minecraft trading site not some business site where everyone is like 30 years old or something so can you please fix it and make it easier to understand? If you're going to say that underneath the hard language it tells you what it means it doesn't matter because it makes it look dumb and stupid

Banned Reason: Scamming User #7583 (Vexx) - Dispute #15782 Ban Ends: Never

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 2
  2. Avery

Avery Retired Manager
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: Amuse Lone sensations
    Ratings:
    +76
    This is debatable;

Yes, the language is on a higher end. But, from the point of the dispute resolver, it's much easier to read and get all the data you need in an organized manner.
    On the other hand, it may cause some frustration for those that are on the younger end of the userbase. However, their are many online resources that can help you read this and understand it in much easier language you may be used to.

I feel making it easier for the staff to identify what's needed is more important than tending to a younger part of the userbase.

3. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    #3 Jayson, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    While I understand your concern, tuning the language down may obscure the purpose of disputes. Disputes aren't just for scams, that's why their not named "scam reports". The simplest term that "defendant" could be changed to would be "scammer", which doesn't quite work in situations such as a debate regarding reputation or copyright claims. "Plaintiff" could be changed to "suer" or "complainant", which both don't sound that good. "Assets" are basically what you have, simpler terms would be "items" or "amount", both not working in all situations. "Deal Sequence" can be changed to "What Happened", but that doesn't quite fit in with everything else. Those are the main things that are obvious, if someone could provide better wording that doesn't get too specific and not too long then I'd happily change it.

Also, one's knowledge of words isn't based on their age. It's more based on experience. I've seen some people question what some of the simplest words mean. I don't even know what many internet slang terms mean. I remember yesterday looking up what "i.e." meant which is in our rules-Latin abbreviations.

4. buildblox

buildblox MCTrades Founder
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: buildblox
    Ratings:
    +393
  5. Radiotic

Radiotic Emerald
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +118
    Hard understanding it is to me yes indeed dispute change language cause hard understand it is agree

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 1
  6. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    I believe the changes done last month are satisfactory as we've haven't had any complaints or any suggestions regarding how to improve it. Suggestion set as implemented.