Enforce or implement a vouch/feedback system

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by ⚡ zDrakon ⚡, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

⚡ zDrakon ⚡ dev.mclist.org Looking for investors!
    EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    Let's not use numbers. They tend to be very quantitative instead of qualitative way of judging.

I've made reviews/vouches before with #'s but now I think its time to change that.

I believe this forum would be unique if it enforced a system that makes users write holistic reviews instead of crappy one or few worded vouches.

An example template to enforce could be the following:

What do you find positive about this service and/or product? Be sure to elaborate on the quality of the product or service, how fast was the transaction (meaning time from payment to time of delivery), price of the service and/or product the overall professional persona of the service/product provider.

What improvements could this service make? Be sure to focus on elaborating on constructive criticism and feel free to cite evidence for instances of suggested suspicious or overall unprofessional behavior. You should never attempt to sales trash a user's service or product, simply leave this review to let them improve.

[ Double Post Merged - ( New Post Date: Nov 17, 2016 ) - ( Original Post Date: Nov 17, 2016 ) ]
    Also I'd like to note that any users who do not follow this system be warned through PM or a verbal warning system with 0 warning points. and from then on give them warning points to encourage them to write a review on the service or product they received.

Even if the service or product is as simple as selling an account, the buyer should be able to write about their experience with the transaction etc.

2. buildblox

buildblox MCTrades Founder
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: buildblox
    Ratings:
    +393
    So maybe a global notice/notice on a thread that encourages the use of elaborate and meaningful reviews? There is no way to "force" it per say, but a notice is always possible.

3. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    More like community peer pressure. If a user does not give a review after they received a service or product, they should be warned repeatedly to do so as it is unfair to the provider of the service/product.

4. petercraig

petercraig Dedicated Trader

Minecraft Accounts: petercraig
    Ratings:
    +24
    We can't warn a user for not giving a review - that's at their own discretion. Also, imagine the amount of reports this would would create?

I agree with buildblox on this one. Have a dismissible notice ADVISING the user of reviews for services with a link to a wiki page prehaps explaining the value to the community of quality reviews.

5. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    Hm... I guess, if not enforced, it can be peer pressured. I've suggested this to many forums already, I'm looking to see which one will accept and implement it well to make that forum stand out

6. Zoxu

Zoxu Dedicated Trader

Ratings:
    +2
    Rather than pressuring or forcing users to write reviews, they can be encouraged. Such as providing rewards to users who consistently put effort into their reviews or leave helpful feedback to the authors.

7. petercraig

petercraig Dedicated Trader

Minecraft Accounts: petercraig
    Ratings:
    +24
    This is not a sensible suggestion. We can't encourage peer pressuring within the community. If people don't want to review a product/service they've bought, then so be it. If however they post LQ posts like "GLWS" or "Vouch" I often give them a message warning them against it.

However enforcing this with punishments is going to drive users away from the community.

8. Shadow

Shadow Active Trader

Minecraft Accounts: Complex
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think this is an interesting idea but personally I don't think it's needed at this stage of the site.

9. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    How come not at this stage? The smaller a site is, the easier it is to implement for users who will be used to this kind of system to teach new users that'll join :)

10. Shadow

Shadow Active Trader

Ratings:
    +8
    Another issue with this, users wouldn't want to be forced to do this, so they'd either leave the site or just abstain from using this.

11. ⚡ zDrakon ⚡

EMERALD Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +22
    Does this site want to gain a userbase that most likely will have banned users from the popular marketplace forums, and risk having lots of these new users on this site to be banned within days? or does this site aim to try to differentiate honest professional users from the dishonest scammers?

12. Zoxu

Zoxu Dedicated Trader

Ratings:
    +2
    Although you may be able to filter out a few, enforcing users to give in depth reviews in a thread won't get rid of scammers. Actually, it would barely prevent new users who you say would be banned within days from joining either. The users who scam wouldn't mind writing a few sentences to get cash, and the "banned users from the popular marketplace forums" are usually banned because they didn't care for the rules. In that case what would make them all of a sudden follow them here? You can't choose who joins the website and how they decide to behave themselves. Forcing users to give in depth reviews will only distract staff members from dealing with important situations.

13. Shadow

Shadow Active Trader

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree with this. For now, Buildblox and the rest of the staff have pretty much decided that this would be too hard to implement and that it would not be practical regardless.