Suggestion Final Thoughts part 1

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Ren, Aug 20, 2018.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
?

Light theme or dark

1. light

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. dark

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Ren

Ren Ruthless
    DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +163
    Final Thoughts part 1

Final Thoughts on mct - Part 1

just going to be straight here, I think the site has shown a slight decline within the past few months. Maybe thats just me but whatever.
    so instead of acting all professional and writing a whole paragraph and act all smart, I'm just gonna get into the first 4 suggestions I have, and write the next 4 later.

Outside Look :
    From the outside, I think mct could look a bit better. For starters I think a poll should be taken to see if people prefer the white theme or the black one, the winner of that poll should be made the default theme. So I'm just gonna include that poll on the top of the thread so jayson doesnt have to.
    I also think the chat should be visible to being who arent logged in. If people are visiting the site, and see an active chat they are likely to log in and join in, which makes the chat even more active which again will attract more people.

Store :
    A link to the mct shop/account upgrades should be more available. I suggest putting it at the top beside the mct logo. Instead of having only $5/25/100 dollar donations, people should be able to donate any sum of money they want. Keep the medals as a motive for people to donate certain amounts, but as the donation amounts go up I think you guys should offer a ''free'' name color that you guys have designed for donators only. I think All donators should have a little badge or something on their profile that when hovered over, the text reads ''I donated $#!''. The badge can vary from bronze-silver-gold-green depending on the sum of money. I'd also recommend having a ''back to school sale'' and brand it as ''putting a positive spin on the worst time of the year''.

Advertisement :
    So I jokingly spoke about this in a discord and got a few laughs out of it. But I really encourage build and jayson to find like really child friendly youtubers who's audience averages 10-11 years old (but lets pretend they are over the age of 13 so it's not illegal). Reason being they have rich parents who like to spoil them online. If you bring out cool things in the store that appeal to kids, there will be more money being bought in each month, which can be used to improve the site or to buy avery more seal shit he doesnt need. There will also be a more active chat as kids nowadays live their lives online, shit as a society but good for people like build who can make money off of that fact.
    Any websites/youtube channels/streamers who have a lot of kids on them (even skin downloading sites honestly - everyone goes on them) - consider investing some advertisement money into them and just see how it goes after a month or two.
    The kids will be annoying but thats what you guys overpay avery for.

Chat :
    For starters, I think the chat archive should be public.
    - People can revisit conversations they left earlier for whatever reason and see what was being said.
    - Serves as proof for chat offenders
    - If a mod misses a chat offender, a normal guy can just report it and be like ''yo, this guy broke a rule at around 12pm, it's in page 6 of the archive''. And boom, 10 cent for avery.

Im not sure if you guys are still doing an incentive for the top chatters, but that worked out really well, chat was increasingly active during that time period. So definately bring that back if you stopped it.

part 2 coming

2. Blaze

Blaze Blazing Moderator & Minecon Capes Collector
    EMERALD DIAMOND

Minecraft Accounts: NotBlaze Wired KingVandy
    Ratings:
    +191
    I read part 2 but im lazy to read that

3. Jayson

Jayson Emerald
    EMERALD

Minecraft Accounts: Parse JaysonF
    Ratings:
    +160
    Well, the answer is probably the dark theme since it burns your eyes less. At the moment, we've allocated this as a perk of upgrading your account to Diamond or Emerald.

My problem with that is what people actually chat about. Possibly though.

They may do so by creating a ticket right now. Unfortunately, allowing custom donations is a bit complicated.

Remember that there are laws and that we try our best to abide by them.

We actually don't delete all bad content from the chat. Occasionally, I simply just warn people and leave the message as it disappears from the public zone.