Asking For a Vouch.

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Duck, Aug 6, 2017.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
?

Do you think this suggestion should be accepted?

1. YUS!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Meh...

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Duck

Duck Active Trader
    BANNED LIMITED DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +41
    Greetings!

I'm here to suggest my first ever suggestion on MCTrades hopefully it'll get accepted!

So basically, everyone is pretty pissed off from the Rule =
    • 1.18 You may not request any user(s) for vouches, reputation, or reactions directly.
    It might need a couple edits. So, if I give someone a Vouch Copy or dealt with before, means I can't ask for a vouch? So loosing money to give a Vouch Copy and he doesn't like vouch for me or forgets.. Or dealt with someone before and made alot of deals with him, you can't ask for a vouch?

Imo, this rule needs to be edited, whoever is with me, just react with the 'Agree' reaction to show how much we need this!
    Banned Reason: Scamming #3324 (HugeSpeed) - Original Ban: [ Projecki, Sep 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM ] Ban Ends: Never

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 2
    • Suggestion Disagree Suggestion Disagree x 2
  2. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323

If you clearly state its a vouch copy, and give it to someone that's actually reputable they will provide a vouch without needing to be asked. The rule is in place for a reason and I personally am thankful it's here, it's so easy for someone to give out like 20 alts, ask for positive reputation each time and then use this to look reputable and could easily exit scam.

3. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    How about if the VC needs to be something valuable, ex: You can't give an Alt VC, something worth over $2 or so?
    Banned Reason: Scamming #3324 (HugeSpeed) - Original Ban: [ Projecki, Sep 6, 2017 at 11:00 PM ] Ban Ends: Never

4. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    As I said, only give VC's to people who know who they are and you can see have taken VC's before and provided a vouch when the product works. Instead of asking for a vouch, it's not hard to ask them for a little bit of feedback so other buyers know the product is working.

5. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    Still, someone still wants to build his reputation :D

6. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Then just keep selling legit products and people who are thankful tend to leave a vouch, anytime I sell something I receive a vouch and rep without asking, same happens with basically everyone, just be patient and dont expect rep from every sale.

7. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    I have never seen a rule like this before, it's not the best rule.. They could work something else to replace this rule...

8. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    It's perfectly fine and reasonable, everyone does have their own opinion but I believe it is more beneficial than anything.

9. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    The biggest Minecraft Marketplaces never had this rule, and everything is prefectly fine!

10. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Because alts on there aren't sold, as I've previously stated, not hard to sell 1 alt to 20 different people and ask for rep to seem more reputable than someone actually is, then could very easily exit scam for a much larger amount.

11. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    How about MCSell :D

12. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Doesn't exist anymore

13. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    It doesn't, but it was a succesful Marketplace, and never had such a rule.

14. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    And had a ton of scammers on it and only used a similar reputation system for a very short amount of time.

15. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    Not really, if you know how to deal with scammers, it'll be easy for you to be there.

16. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Not sure what you meant by that, but I'm fully for keeping this rule how it is.

17. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    A couple of members are not, that's why I created it, if you don't support this, just leave a disagree.

18. Deleted member 57

Ratings:
    +323
    Suggestions are open discussion, simply sharing MY opinion.

19. Steven

Steven Mail Access Account Seller
    BANNED DIAMOND

Ratings:
    +12
    I agree.

If I sell someone 100 SFAs or whatever it may be and they don't vouch or forget to vouch, I ask them to do so as that's the only way to gain reputation. I don't see why I shouldn't ask for a quick vouch on my profile seeing as I just sold them legitimate accounts.
    Banned Reason: Scamming https://mctrades.org/threads/tiger-steven-dispute.2203/ Ban Ends: Never

20. Duck

Duck Active Trader

Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks for your reply, thats my point too!