Suggestion Better way to deal with scam reports

Discussion in 'Declined Suggestions' started by Vincint, Jun 15, 2020.

Welcome to MCTrades, the modern Minecraft marketplace. Why not stay a while to chat, trade, and earn by registering?
  1. Vincint

Vincint Dedicated Trader
    BANNED DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +8
    Better way to deal with scam reports

Look at the scam report section yourself.

You'll see most reports take multiple days to be complete. Some, up to a week.

Reports take 24 hours to be opened, giving 24 hours for a scammer to leave completely. If they don't leave in 24 hours, they can leave during the 5 day period where the scam report has moved no further.

The slow response time from a scam report manager means that the situation doesn't move anywhere, and it's not productive.

In a lot of reports, it is very simple to see a bias in favour of one of the accused/victims. Report mods should have no bias. We aren't living in Mexico.

Scam report section
    Banned Reason: Disrespect towards staff Ban Ends: Never

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 4
  2. III

III Well-Known Trader
    DIAMOND Space KINGS

Minecraft Accounts: blackoutttt
    Ratings:
    +85
    I also feel that when mods dont reply it causes the report to take much longer than needed like you stated so they could possibly have a group of lesser staff who will keep asking questions and further the report but aren't able to make any decisions.

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 1
  3. Vincint

Vincint Dedicated Trader
    BANNED DIAMOND Thread Starter

Ratings:
    +8
    I really like this idea. Apart from the fact that it can take days for a report to be open, once they are eventually opened, it takes a while for any staff member to look at the replies.

I'd like to see a group of people like you said that have permissions to approve new posts/ask questions related to the new posts. Currently, Callum will ask a question a day per report. This is not efficient enough.
    Banned Reason: Disrespect towards staff Ban Ends: Never

4. Kate

Kate Dedicated Trader

Ratings:
    +9
    Been waiting for 1 week to get my refund, waiting for another day for my comment to get approved

• Suggestion Agree Suggestion Agree x 1
  5. Pu1se

Pu1se Active Trader

Ratings:
    +8
    Agreed, I made a scam report in the past and it didn't get any response until after 4-5 days, which allowed the scammer to keep running his "shop" and keep scamming more people.

6. Callum

Callum Retired MCTrades Owner
    God Himself

Ratings:
    +270
    Reports are being dealt with at a more timely pace. Accused users are constantly given time periods where they must respond otherwise they are banned, and a majority of the time they are immediately issued a dispute banner to alert users a dispute is currently on-going. This is the most efficient way we could be doing this without just plastering new dispute resolvers which I won't be doing.

Waiting the 1 week has nothing to do with this suggestion, that is because you and the user involved in your dispute are discussing various paths of resolution, which could be handled outside of the dispute. Your posts are normally approved within 12 hours unless I am asleep.

Time periods like that won't be happening again, I've made it a goal to push out moderation at a faster pace.

As I've said, this is the best way we can deal with disputes and although we can't instantly take action on potential scammers we do our best to ensure they are dealt with. Just be sure to deal with caution and use middlemen where possible to avoid being scammed at all. However, this is being denied. Thank you for the suggestion.